Saturday, August 25, 2012

Reading Assessment

        To monitor reading progress, we will be reading from the Dolch Sight Words lists.  I will begin with the pre-primer lists.  Each day, I will have E read from one of the lists.  If he completes the list without any mistakes, I will document that it was mastered on that date.  If he misses any, I will simply say the word correctly and allow him to continue.  I won't document anything for that list or that date.  The next day we will read from a different list until all lists are mastered.  While there are many different ways reading progress can be charted and documented, this way will be quick and easy for us.

        Once E has mastered all of the words in the four lists for the pre-primer level, we will move to the primer level, 1st grade, and so on.  I will post the other lists as soon as possible in case anyone following along has higher level readers.

            Pre-Primer Sight Words
List 1
List 2
List 3
List 4
and
big
can
for
in
is
it
me
one

a
I
my
not
red
run
see
the
to
up
we
blue
come
down
find
go
look
play
said
two
you
away
funny
help
here
jump
little
make
three
where
yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment